Due to the current situation we need to limit the number of patients in the practice . We are still OPEN but from Monday 16th March the main doors will be CLOSED.
All appointment requests MUST be made by telephone. DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY.
Our Doctors will call you back, many matters can be dealt with over the phone, the Doctor will only ask patients to come to surgery if absolutely necessary.
Please continue to order your medication on line or use the outside practice mailbox. You will not be able to collect your prescription from the Practice. Please inform us of your choice of chemist and we will send your prescription electronically.
Routine annual health check clinics have been suspended. However the following are ESSENTIAL you should attend your appointment.
INR ( Warfarin), Baby Immunisations, Zolodex Pneumonia Shingles B12 injections, Wound Checks, Urgent ECG
We will keep you updated. If you have a mobile phone please ensure we have the correct number so we can send you text messages.
If you have any concerns please contact the practice on 01782 304611. We understand our phone lines will be busy, and this can be frustrating, we will do our best. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
Please share this information with friends, family and neighbours who are our patients.
Welcome to Werrington Village Surgery
The doctors and staff at Werrington Village Surgery in Stoke on Trent are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We are a friendly five doctor practice offering a full range of general medical services in the very pleasant surroundings of Werrington. We have an enthusiastic, highly trained and efficient team working within the practice and in the community. We are all committed to providing the best possible care for our patients and developing locally based services for the benefit of all. We serve the whole of Werrington as well as its surrounding villages and currently care for almost 8,000 patients.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and NHS Health Checks.
'To promote, encourage and support excellence in our practice to achieve the best health outcomes for our patients'
We undertake to:
- Treat you with respect and courtesy
- Provide you with advice and treatment in a timely manner
- Help you make decisions about your health by treating you as an equal
- Discuss what treatment is available and refer on to other experts where necessary
- Act as your advocate and guide you through your health choices
- Maintain confidentiality in what we discuss and the records we keep on your behalf
- Keep up to date with developments in health care by continuing to learn
In return we ask you to:
- Keep your appointment, or let us know as soon as possible if you can’t
- Only use the out of hour’s services in an emergency
- Treat our staff with respect; they always try to do their best for you
- Let us know any suggestions or complaints as soon as possible
- Let us know if your problem will take longer than the standard 10 minute appointment
- Let us know when we have done well
Werrington Village Surgery Action Plan
Our patients have told us they would like us to focus on improving ...
Telephone access to the surgery
Continuity of Care
Waiting Times for Routine Appointments
If you have a little time to spare and would be happy to get involved with our patient participation group we really want to hear from you. We need your help to shape the services of the Practice. If you can’t attend the meetings don’t worry we still would like to hear from you.
Please contact Joy Brassington – Practice Manager
(Site updated 14/03/2020)